Cortachy Primary School is the only school remaining in the area. It was recently redeveloped, removing the huts that had been there for 30 years and replacing them with modern heated classrooms.
In the past there was a school in Memus, and one at the foot of Glen Ogil. Denside school was opened in 1866, before hand there was a school in the farmhouse at Mains of Ogil. The school finally closed in 1981 and is now an accountants office.
Memus school closed in 1967 and is now privately owned. Like many of the country schools the school also used to operate as a lending library at weekends.